I’m not really one to judge a book by its cover, so this is a really difficult topic (I say that with every topic, don’t I?!).
1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
While I think the book isn’t amazingly written, I do love the cover of Twilight, and in face all of its sequels. Minimalist but striking.
2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. RowlingA lot of people say the American covers have better illustrations, but I’ll always have a special place in my heart for the very first book’s British edition, since that was how I got into the series.
3. The Land of Stories – The Wishing Spell by Chris ColferGorgeous, gorgeous cover from illustrator Brandon Dorman, who has also done the illustrations for Colfer’s second novel, and they’re just as gorgeous from the previews.
4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
I quite like simple designs on book covers, and this, with just three colours, really works for me.
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
There are many different covers for The Hunger Games, but this is the edition I own, and I’m a fan of it.
6. The Enchanted Wood by Enid BlytonOne of my favourite books from childhood, and still a cover I love.
7. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
Just a beautiful cover, and I love the font used for the title.
8. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
I love shoes, therefore I love the covers of all of Weisberger’s books!
9. Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Obviously, the West End/Broadway posters are much more famous now than the book cover, but I have to go back to where it began. Plus, my edition has green page edges.
10. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
One of my favourite books, and another minimalist cover that I love.
What book covers do you love?